Answered By: Sanjeet Mann Last Updated: Sep 08, 2016 Views: 42
Answered By: Sanjeet Mann
Last Updated: Sep 08, 2016 Views: 42
You can download Ebsco ebooks and read them offline on your laptop. You will need the following:
- MyEbscoHost account
- Adobe ID
- Adobe Digital Editions software
Here's how to do it:
- Open the ebook you wish to download and click the Download (Offline) icon.
- You will be asked to sign into your MyEbscoHost account if you're not already signed in.
- Choose your desired checkout period (from 1 to 7 days) and click Checkout & Download.
- You will see a confirmation message "The ebook was checked out successfully", and your web browser will download a link to open the ebook in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open the downloaded file to open Adobe Digital Editions. (You will need to authorize Adobe Digital Editions with your Adobe ID if this is your first time running that program) The Adobe software will then fulfill your request and download the full text of the ebook. This may take several minutes.
- Once you have the full text, you can read it offline in the Adobe Digital Editions program, or transfer it to a mobile device for reading in Bluefire Reader app.
- Be sure to return your ebook from the Adobe Digital Editions program once you are done reading it. Right click on the icon for the book in the Adobe Digital Editions Library and click "Return Borrowed Item".